sheetrockin-dogfan

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tea Leaf Green

Last night Jennifer and I went to see Tea Leaf Green and Galatic. I had heard on the radio they were coming this way and had some desire to go but wouldn't die if I missed them. I mentioned the show at work and one of the guys I know, a plumber, happend to know the management of the venue the bands were going to play. He offered to call and see if he could get me on the guest list since he has been helping them renovate an adjacent bar owened by the same people and knew the owner well. Low and behold next thing I know were in like Flint! Fast forward a few hours and we're(Jen and I) waiting outside in the cold to get in.Brrrrrrrr but it wasn't too bad. Not like we were in Wooster. Anyways we get in and found a spot on the right up near the stage. Crowd slowly grew and anticipation as well. The band made an unannounced taking of the stage. Picked up instruments and began a jam that was very nice. Solid playing by all four guys. They ended this and did a song with a little bit of a raggae beat and the keyboardist sang. Reminded me a little of Chris Robbinson of the Black Crows. The kid had a strong voice and played the keys like a banshee. Guitarist was rocking as well with some well placed riffs. Bass and drums driving home the point. I found myself dancing and liking what I was hearing. Thes kids were tearing it up!I only say kids because none of them could have been over 24 but who knows.... None the less it didn't take away from thier performance in any way,full of energy and vigor it only added to the excitement felt by all! They ended the set all too quick . The only thing I can say negative about the whole dealio was that I think they(or someone ) had it turned up just a wee bit too much. The old too much of a good thing addage applies here. Fun show!
We only stayed for about 3 of galatic songs and they we good as well but I really went to see TLG so we were out of there after that. Best thing of the night was that the bartender picked up our tab. You gotta love a free show with free drinks as well!!!!
Peace!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello! 

    How do you change the size of your monitor?

    By the way, I love that too!  Where did you get that at?  

    Bye, - MyGirl! 


    how I make money with paid surveys

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger irenie said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope you are having a birthday show tonight!!!!!

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger irenie said…

    How was your Winter>Spring tour?

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home