sheetrockin-dogfan

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Clean 4 a while

Well I am trying something I have not done in a while....I quit smoking the green. It has been 5 days so far and I am doing ok but missing it. I have come to realize that I used it for many things,
but mostly pain management. Sleeping aid is another that I was not aware of until now. I have quit befor (from 1997 to 2000) but other than that a steady user since 1983. I must say that it is far easier to quit than cigarettes(quit Feb.19, 1993 after 10 years of consumption) and I feel a great sense of inner pride that I am able to control it if I wish to. My problem has always been I didn't wish to!! I have set myself some goals and rewards that I feel will meet my needs though. I have decided that while on Dog tour it will be ok to indulge some, just don't bring it back home. I belive this is a policy I can live with. I know other folks who only smoke on tour or just individual shows but leave it alone at home due to family and profession and the seperation between home and tour seems to be a good thing. Something else that has prompted me to do this is that I am starting to explore my options when it comes to employment even though I have been with the same company for a cumlative 12 years (leaving for 2 1/2 years in 95). A new job may require testing that I could not pass so in order to open the avenue to these other options it did seem like a prevelent thing to do. I am also aware that it is a lot of money going out of our household as well that could be saved or spent on other things. For the past few years I have maintained side work on a regular basis to provide us with the funds to go on tour as well as supporting my habit without interfering with monies earned which pay the bills etc. which is a good thing ,but I could have been saving those funds instead.
I will be the big 40 in March and I guess it is time to start growing again, so the seeds have been planted and I will try to nurture them. It can only be a good thing.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger Deadman said…

    Psst - Clean and sober for over ehghteen years. Life is a gas. Good luck with your endeavour.

    Found you through Irene. I'd like to add you to my blogroll.

    What say you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home